Saturday, February 27, 2010

Humbled

I find myself feeling incredibly humbled lately... there are so many things going on in the world that are so much bigger than me and my life here in Georgia. And I realize I, Obviously, have no control over these things. The plethora of natural disasters lately is scary! First the Earthquakes in Haiti, then in Chili and now Tsunami hitting Hawaii. And yet I am sitting in my living room with heat, studying (the priveledge of education!) using my laptop and "enjoying" reading a $230 textbook. Do you know what $230 could do for people of natural disasters??? Humbling! I think about all that I have and what little others have. I think of people hit with natural disasters that do not have shelter or food or have lost loved ones. I can cannot imagine! All I can do is be humbled by everything and praise my God because he is mighty to save. How great is it to be part of something so incredible. How humbling is it to know that as much as I mean to Him I mean nothing compared to these who need so much. Oh how I could go on but sometimes less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment