A little over a week ago an incredible opportunity literally fell into my lap! New opportunities bring on a lot of emotions and feelings and a WHOLE lot of thinking. Not knowing exactly how to respond or what to do about said situation I found myself thinking... A LOT! I was driving somewhere and this song by Third Day (Revelation) came on.... Talk about a song speaking right to your heart.
My life has led me down the road that’s so uncertain
And now I am left alone and I am broken,
Tryin’ to find my way, tryin’ to find the faith that’s gone
While I was not alone nor broken.... I was uncertain about the future... where do I see myself in 5 years.... Yes I want kids and would love to be in a house that we can call our own. But as far as a career I was surely uncertain. I graduate this year (raise the roof here) and I could not be more excited and scared about what the future holds. Graduation only means that I have my bachelors in accounting (which has been no small feet). However, if I choose to sit for the CPA exam I need more accounting credit hours post graduation and a year working under a public accountant. Whoa! You mean I am not done yet!!! So when this opportunity fell into lap recently it stirred up a whole bunch of .... "what do I do's".
This time, I know that you are holding all the answers
I’m tired of losing hope and taking chances,
On roads that never seem,
To be the ones that bring me home
Obviously this was a decision that was not just about me but about OUR future.... So I prayed. Go back a few chapters in the story..... Joe had a client one night while he was working that worked at a CPA firm. In fact she and her husband run the firm. Joe overheard her talking with her friend and mentioned to her that I was in school for accounting (My husband is a wonderful Marketer) and she stated that she wish she knew.... she had just hired someone and they were currently not looking for anyone. Fast forward about 6 weeks and we get a call on a Tuesday night.... This same lady had called to Joe's work to have her number passed on to me. They were looking. I was not prepared for that at all! I rushed to re do my resume and went in for the interview.... I figured I knew nothing about the firm or the people there but an interview can never hurt.
Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I’ve been tryin’ to find my way,
I haven’t got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I’ve got nothing without You
I’ve got nothing without You
The interview went great!... Loved the owners! We discovered we go to the same church.... their daughter goes to the high school that I went to, the owner played football for UGA (ROLL TIDE sorry) and it seemed like an incredible opportunity.
My life has led me down this path that’s ever winding
Through every twist and turn I’m always finding,
That I am lost again (I am lost again)
Tell me when this road will ever end
Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I’ve been tryin’ to find my way,
I haven’t got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I’ve got nothing without You
I’ve got nothing without
I went in a couple days later to meet everyone. We talked about the hours that I could work and what would and would not fit in with their firm. At this time the firm became more of a "connection" for the future. This just was not the right time.... They wanted to keep in touch and maybe when I graduate and can work full time then I could be hired on. Sweet! I thought it was still a connection....
I don’t know where I can turn
Tell me when will I learn
Won’t You show me where I need to go
Oh oh
Let me follow Your lead,
I know that it’s the only way that I can get back home
I got a call that night as I was getting into bed... I honestly just let it go to voicemail because I was exhausted, it had been a long day and I was pulling the "I'm getting old card" and calling it a night. A few minutes later the phone beeped again... voicemail. The temp that was hired did not work out and they still needed someone part time. She asked if I would be interested in working part time to help them out but to also get experience myself. I mean sure... I have TONS of free time between taking 3 classes this semester and working full time. I just jumped at the opportunity. NOT! I took a few days, I had to think about it... part time on top of my already exhausting schedule... Was I crazy! (ok I will answer that YES)
Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I’ve been trying to find my way,
I haven’t got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I’ve got nothing without You
I’ve got nothing without You
So we came to an agreed upon schedule.... I am getting more accounting experience, and although I am picking up extra hours its only 2 days a month... every other Saturday. I will only be working from 8-1 and from now until the end of tax season. This is a HUGE opportunity for me to get more real world accounting experience and I am thrilled! Getting my foot in the door at an accounting firm is a gift! And I find myself after almost 2 weeks excited about this new adventure that I am about to partake in. And I cannot help but be so thankful for wonderful husband for supporting me in this decision... after all it will limit another day that we have together during the week. I am so lucky to be married to someone who understands and is as excited about this as me.
Oh, give me a revelation
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, mainly my sanity :) I know this might be a tough few months for exhaustion but I know that in the end it will be completely worth it.
I’ve got nothing without You
I’ve got nothing without You



No comments:
Post a Comment