Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Curry Soup

As shown in the picture from this wedding... I was inspired to come up with my own recipe...
Ingredients:


1. Chop 1 cup onion and 3 med cloves of garlic... I had a little help with the cuisinart!


2. I chopped up one apple and added it the onion and garlic. and saute in butter (3 tablespoons)


3. When onions and garlic are soft add in spices...
2 tsp curry powder
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt



4. stir until well mixed and then add in 4 cups of chicken stock (I used one that contained no gluten or msg.)




5. Cook for about 20 minutes to help flavors meld together. then i strained the liquid out and cuisinart the chunky stuff (apple, onion, and garlic).



6. Add back into the Stock mixture. Stir in 2 15 oz cans of pumpkin* and 1 cup half and half ( I did not say this was healthy)



Isn't she lovely!

*canned pumpkin is almost impossible to find! Kroger and Publix did not have any so i went to Target since I remembered seeing some there last week. So if you are looking for any try Target in the canned food isle next to the black beans (which is probably why I remembered seeing pumpkin there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment