Today is a doozie...
focusing on the second sense from day 10 (continuing until we get through all five) and doing Day 11.
So....
I figured that since Todays exercise is seeing the world through a childs eyes this would be a great day to include the idea of SIGHT in this blog as well... I guess it could be considered cheating but I do not feel like I need to defend myself.
I spent the day at work (although my night is not over yet) and found it kinda hard to see my life through the eyes of a child. However, there was a little girl today that came in with her family to bring in their dog and let me tell you this was the cutest thing... she brought in her stuffed dog as well. She was lovingly holding the stuffed dog by the neck while she kept tabs on her family dog with the leash. Although I never saw the child other than on the camera I can't help but think how innocent she is and how innocent childhood is in general. Its such a wonderful time to simply sit back and enjoy life. There are no worries about money or stresses of work or school or buying a house. But just playing, imagining, loving and living life to the fullest. How incredible to think back so many years and to think of the innocence of not know what is going on in the world around you. Everything as a child seems to be so sugar coated and then we grow up and we have all the stresses of money, work, school etc to deal with. Add in technology and it takes the stress to a whole new level. Its calming in a way to think of the life as a child or how children see the world. I am just wondering when naptime is... I miss naptime!
Taking that on a tangent lets discuss naptime.... trying to get a child to nap is like pulling teeth however we get older and all we want to do is take an afternoon nap, well and maybe a morning one as well. Would it not be easier to allow the children to stay up... sleep at night and the adults nap in the day? Think about it!
So to continue with sight.... oh how I am grateful for sight! It gives me the ability to see all the beautiful colors in this world. I am also grateful for sight because it gives me the ability to see the people that I love and enjoy ( I love them for their inner beauty too!) but I simply cannot imagine living in a world where I can not see anything happening around me. I would feel so out of it... clueless...
What sense are you most grateful for?
*sorry no pics today* :(



No comments:
Post a Comment