If Patience really is a virtue then I am having a very virtuous day!
I stopped at Pep boys this afternoon to get my battery tested and to see if they could pull the codes from my service engine light being on. Not a problem free services. He fills out a work order for this which I thought was silly because really all you do is plug the machine into my car but ok sure I will sign. The cashier handed me my copy of the "work order" and I asked, "Just a few minutes?" to which I was told it would be at least an hour. WHAT! an hour???? Please explain why!!!! So I, as politely as possible, questioned as to why this was going to take an hour and that maybe I should try somewhere else. I was told he would have them go ahead and look at the battery and see if they could pull the codes. Whew! crisis averted.... NOT! 8 minutes later I was told yes it was the battery and I ok'd for them to put a new one in... They wanted to charge me almost $20 to do this on top of buying the battery. I was like isn't that something I could just do myself? Mr. Pep Boy was polite and said that he would waive the fee. In my mind I was like yeah you will waive the fee. The instal fee was a 1/3 of the battery cost. So there I sat for guess what.... AN HOUR. He wasn't kidding thats for sure. At the hour point I got up from the waiting area to peer through the windows to see if they were done. Well how about my car was done and had been done for almost 20 minutes. Seriously people! Thats 20 minutes I could have not wasted.
So frustrating, however I remained polite the entire time and only paid for the battery. :)
So then I ventured to Target. Oh how I love that place. I swear the red must be some color signal to make people buy more. Actually I am pretty sure that has to be true. I got what I needed and headed to the front. Has anyone ever wondered why target has 24 check out lanes but only 2 of them are ever open???? Seriously, makes no sense to me. So I waited, patiently, as my line slowly moved. When I came to the place in line where I could put my basket on the belt I did so like any other human being would have done. There was still 2 people in front of me so I continued my text message and then the belt moved a little. One person down, one to go.... And the cashier exclaims "ma'am empty your basket!" REALLY???? you are yelling at me to empty my basket? I in no way was slowing him down at all. But I did as he asked and put my 6 items on the belt, beside my basket, still in shock that the target cashier just yelled at me. Oh how I wanted to be like DUDE! but I refrained. I kept my cool, and I thought to myself Patience is a virtue.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment