Thursday, September 24, 2009

Heavy Heart Today

What a week it has been ... floods have taken over most of GA. I can't help but think back a couple months ago when we had the flood in our apartment. Although we lost very little and were able to recover with more or less ease, The flood victims this week have lost so much more. I cannot imagine loosing my family and my home at the same time, not to mention pretty much everything you own. These victims are going to have to start over, rebuilding their lives one step at a time. Can you imagine being a child and having to go through this? How do you explain why to a child?
How can you help???
- Kroger is doing a round up campaign and all proceeds will go to the Salvation Army to help purchase cleaning supplies needed to help flood victims.
- School box stores are accepting donations of school supplies until Sunday for children 5th grade and below. These donations will go to the children of Clarksdale Elementary School that was completely destroyed during the flood. (i know there is a location at North Point Mall and one in Duluth by Ashley Furniture and the Salvation Army, however you can drop donations off at ANY location.)

I know there are probably MANY other ways that you can help but this is a start if you are looking.

The rains have finally subsided for the meantime here in the south however I heard of another story this morning that just breaks my heart. A family lost their 2 year old twins to carbon monoxide poisoning due to a malfunction with the heating system in their house cause by the nasty storms early in the week. I cannot fathom loosing a child, to loose two at the same time is just gut wrenching. My heart goes out to this family and I will be praying for their strength through this tragic time. (please add them to your prayer list as well)

Carbon Monoxide detectors can be purchased at you local hardware store for cost ranging from $20-$60 (home depot).

Please remember all of these struggeling families as the continue to grieve and pray that they find the strength to get through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment