Roasted Veggie Baked Pasta
Ingrediants: Zucchini, 3 Squash, 1 Vidalia onion, 6-8 cloves garlic ( I cut mine into large chunks... remember that garlic gets sweet when roasted), 2 red bell peppers, 1 pound of pasta, 1 cup fontina cheese, 1 cup of parmasean (I could not find Fontina at publix last night so used the bagged italian mix and it worked great!), 1/2 -whole bunch of aparagus, 1 package of mushroom ( used Baby bellas but i bet portabellos would be awesome!), 1 jar of sauce or 3 cups if you want to make homemade.
Obviously you can substitute or add any veggies that you may prefer more...
Preheat oven to 450
Now, put that water on for the noodles! Only cook the noodles about halfway becuase they will cook more once you put everything back into the oven.
Mix Noodles, sauce, fontina and parmasean, and roasted veggies in large bowl and put in baking dish... I topped mine with a little shaved Parmasean to add a little crunch to the top. I only had to bake mine about 15 -20 minutes and it was ready!
and Voila!
So easy! a little time consuming depending on how many types of veggies you use and how much chopping is required, however, you can chop veggies ahead of time and put them aside until you are ready to cook :)
Seriously a must try.... Next time I might add a little more sauce, it is a baked pasta so it is meant to be a little more "dry" but I am a saucey kinda gal.
Try it out and let me know what you think!



No comments:
Post a Comment