(I would just like to take you to the moment here... set the scene...make you feel like part of the show... I stopped the chopping to take a picture and Joe looked at me in that "what are you doing" way and I explained "You gotta to log it to blog it!", and how true is this since I am endlessly taking pictures now to add in the blog... anyway I am on a tangent, shall we continue?)
All was going wonderful... long laboring hour of chopping pears but we got it done everything in the pot with an insane amount of sugar and the simmering began. We decided to run and grab mason jars (we even got the cute jam jars so that we could share this wonderful treat with others). We left the pot on a medium simmer while we were gone, about 45 minutes. This is what deliciousness looks like before you leave it be....
When we arrived back home we discovered that these yummy pears had simmered down to char.... black pear gunk... So Sad! all that hard work and we carmelized the pears and not the yummy kind a caramel. We shall try again though but maybe next week so that the carpel tunnel can recover from the chopping :)
I shall be heading to bed... early to rise in the morning another busy day at work to get ready for. We shall see what interesting pictures I will have for tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment