What a week this has been!
Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal nothing to write home about, however well Wednesday took the cake!
I got up for work as normal at a lovely 5:30 am, got ready and left the house on time (6:30 am). All was well until I got about 4 miles down the road. The "demons", as I will affectionatly call them, wanted out! With many stops on the way to work and and hour and a half trip that should have been 30 minutes i finally made it to work. I thought that the day was going to be ok and boy was I surprised. The stomach cramps started, Ladies if you have menstrual cramps think worse than that. I mean WOW! So being at work for a short time, I believe it was less than an hour, and my illness still progressing I decided to go home.
I got home while the cramps kept me in a ball on the bed Joe called my Doctor and they suggested that I head on to the hospital. ( I mean at this point I was thinking I was going to be the next woman who was in labor not knowing I was prego, despite the fact that a few hours earlier i felt great). So from there we went to the ER... After giving my history about 5 times to everyone who talked to me finally the nurse practioner asked me again and at this point I just said my symptom was Parvo. I got a lovely IV, which left an even more lovely bruise on my arm along with some much needed fluids and bloodwork...
So you may want to know what they diagnosed me with.... oh nothing major other than I was basically tearing my stomach apart with the aleve that i was prescribed a week earlier for my toe. :) and a minor intestinal infection that was most likely a sideaffect of the "overdose" of medication.
Moral of the story is do not (even if your Doc tells you to...) take 2 aleve twice a day for 10 days for pain... I only made it 7 days you can try to beat me if you dare. Now my stomach is better thanks to the wonderful antibiotics and extremely bland diet but my Toe is throbbing, (sigh).
I have a sweet tooth tonight, should I go for the orange jello (because they were out of Pineapple) or the applesauce?? These are the difficult decisions i face this evening!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment