Friday, November 27, 2009

Its Christmas time in the burbs

I went over to moms this weekend to help decorate the Christmas tree and have moms meatloaf (MMM!) I originally had planned to attend the MckGathering with MckMama and her crew. However, I decided that as excited as I was to do this spending the time with my family was the better choice. It was great to see them since I will not be seeing them over Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful dinner and had a great time decorating the tree.  And by great time it was a yearly Poston tradition of bickering and cookie making (HAH). Mom put me in charge of watching the cookies and well i obviously failed!

These were so burnt the oven was smokin! At least mom buys the tub of cookie batter at costco so the situation was remedied about 9 minutes and mom burning her hand later.

The tree turned out beautiful. My mom likes the small pencil trees... personally I just dont get it but needless to say the ornaments fill it up for sure!


Sad that all you can see in the pic is the lights a few splashes of color from the ornaments.

I took a pic of some of my fave ornaments:









I just love this snowflake!

All in all it was a wonderful evening! Now Joe and I need to purchase a tree so that we can have something to decorate. :)

Hope that everyone had/has/is having a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment