(UPDATE: the links named books do not work unless you play with the URL blogger is adding their own tidbits to the hyperlinks, i dunno why however the links to the webpages are up and running! sorry about that!)
Ok take 2 becuase the computer just deleted my post?????? Seriously not cool!
Every year college students have the task of registering for their classes. Seems like this should be easy however I have been trying to get into one class for the many semesters only to finally get in this semester! Why might this be... well I am pretty sure that colleges find humor in providing only a few sections with minimal amount of space for sign up to brighten their days. For example, this previously mentioned class (that all Accounting majors need and maybe even all business majors) only has 3 sections available each section with only 40 available slots for students to sign up. Thats only 120 seats. I mean seriously!!!!
Anyways, I digress,
So after the excitement of actually getting classes and being face with tuition ($1200) and the mandatory fees ($600), comes the time to buy books! YAY! Looking up my books for the 3 classes that I am taking this semester I was floored.... $600 on 3 classes, really? I am not paying that and neither should anyone else. So I am sharing some of my textbook secrets! (yes, your welcome)
I bought the following two books off different sites and they are all linked. But wanted to mention another one of my favorites! http://www.ichapter.com/ This website is great for buying individual chapters. For example if your textbook is expensive and you are only using some of the chapters it might benefit you to buy the chapters individually instead. The prices on the actual books on this site really are not that much cheaper but like I said the chapter option is nice!
Book #1 Comes with the low list price of $222.95, however my searching fingers and the internet found this one at a steal of $12 plus $4 shipping, for a savings of $206.95!!!!!!!
Book #2 came with a lower list price of $186.00 and I was not let down to find this one here for $35 plus $5 shipping for a savings of $146!!!!!!!! (this is book renting but if you know you are not going to need the book in the future then why not?)
Thats a total savings of $352.95 on ONLY 2 books!!!! I still have another book to purchase but am currently searching to find the best option for it. Unfortunatly its looking like its going to cost more than the other two combined, but I have found it at half off list price so far!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment