So.....
I present to you: Leftover Salad!
Ingredients:
-Whatever lettuce/green that you have as a base. In tonights bowl i used spinach one of my favorites.
- Any leftover small parts of veggies, leftover beans, etc that might be in the fridge and need to be used to prevent waste.
Tonight I used:
- Shrimp - leftover from Joes salad the other night
- Cheese - the little leftover from chili dinner on Sunday
- onion - the small piece of onion leftover from the makings of many other dinners
- Banana Peppers- homegrown by Joes mom
- Green Beans- ok i will admit that I usually will reach for the black beans because after all they are one of the best things on earth. However tonight I changed it up a little bit. And I admit that these green beans were not leftover but cold out of a can. I know that sounds disgusting but i love canned green beans!!
- Mushrooms- I have no idea what dinner these were leftover from but I am sure its something Joe picked up at the store and they looked lonely in the fridge.
You can use ANYTHING in the fridge for this. We have a basket on our counter that we keep veggies and fruit in and if some of the veggies are starting to turn i chop them up and throw them in as well.
This is a very easy dinner to put together and fun all at the same time. You will be surprised at the combinations that you could come up that you will really enjoy.
Dressing is also a fun thing to play with. We typically do not keep actual salad dressings in the house and steer more to the way of using oil and vinegar. We have a fig infused vinegar that is so yummy but while at Trader Joe's yesterday we came accross this bad boy... and I must say OUR BAD! For only 2.99 this is an incredible vinegar!
(no that is not enormous amounts of cat food on the counter. I have no idea what you are talking about!)
Anyways just another idea to brighten your day! Get crazy and tell me what combinations you have come up with!




No comments:
Post a Comment