Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mediteranean Quinoa Salad



I cannot explain how tasty this was! And SOOO healthy too!!!

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1/4 cup olives (i used an olive mix)
1/2 of small red onion thinly sliced ( thinly chopped)
3 roma tomatos sliced and quartered
1/2 cut sliced or slivered toasted almonds
3 cups cooked quinoa pasta (1 cup uncooked)
crumbled feta
2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
juice from 2 lemons
3 tablespoons olive oil
Cilantro

1. Cook the quinoa
2. mix ingredients 9-12
3. mix ingredients 1-6 and 8
4. mix in quinoa

Joe and I both had seconds of this the first night!
enjoy!

ps: I am eatind this 48 hours later and it still tastes great... I found that I liked this even better once it had chilled and the flavors had melded together a little more.


1 comment:

  1. Ok, what is quinoa? I've seen it all over blogland lately. Am I missing out on something great?

    ReplyDelete