Sunday, October 10, 2010

We shall call her.....

Growing up girls always have in mind what they want to name their children, Its part of the Cinderella fairytale that we all dream about growing up. But, you get married and your husband doesnt have the same likes in names that you do. This isnt a bad thing necessarily because men also have great ideas. 

All the way up to our ultrasound I had a list of girl names and periodically I would run some past Joe and he pretty much did not agree with me on any of them. SO SAD! We seemed to have been stuck on the letter M so its no surprise the name we decided on starts with an M. I had mentioned the name we chose months before, but didnt get much reaction so I had kept searching. Who knew that months later Joe would bring up the same name. We agreed and I don't think that we could have picked a better name for our little lady. 

I have had a middle name picked out for years and luckily Joe liked it as well... SWEET! 

And slowly our little ladybugs name came together. We have been calling her by her name for a week now and I think she recognizes we are talking to her... She's so smart already ;)

So without further teasing we give you her name: 

Makayla Grace Friend


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful name! Praying for you, your husband, and Makayla Grace.

    ReplyDelete