Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love notes


For Valentines day I decided to make Joe a card instead of buying one. I have tons of scrapbook supplies laying around not getting used at the moment due to my crazy schedule. So i was able to use some things laying around and thouroughly enjoyed making it!


I added an edge to the card and used the coolest paper for the tag and for the inside as well.


This paper is the whitewashish color on one side... on the other it is the pretty gold... The idea is that you sand or rough up the edges or surface with something and the gold shows through (as shown on the tag on the front.) Or you can tear the sides like I did here for the inside... and it gives it that old timey look.


Here you can see the paper from above with some vellum. I also added in a large double boarder on the bottoom third of the card.


I loved this card... The colors and patterns all worked so well together.

Yay for a DIY valentines card!

No comments:

Post a Comment