Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weekends Off

Ahhh to have some time off to enjoy myself, what a treat!

Joe and I stayed up WAY to late last night i finally went to bed somewhere close to 2 am after being up since 6 am the morning before. Joe stayed up to almost 3! needless to say we both enjoyed sleeping in for a very long time this morning! We did not do much today thanks to the pain a woman gets to endure monthly, and I was not feeling well due to this. However, nothing stops me from the farmers market!


I was really craving some salsa this evening so that was my sole purpose however once I got home and somewhere between cutting up 8 maters' and an onion, 2 jalopeno's etc.... I decided that it was not really what I wanted. Dont you just love moments like that! So here I sit while my husband is at work with a vat of salsa, of which i just realized I left out garlic, and I dont really want it anymore.


I wasnt done chopping up veggies and fruits at this point though I continued to the beauties below....



This was another one of my GREAT deals at the farmers market! I got 8 lbs of strawberries for $8!!!!! umm hello can we say DEAL! I know we wont eat all of them but I plan on juicing a bit of them in the morning with some oranges. Mmmm.

On another note, I am currently rocking my soul out to this album!

Umm i am so in love with this album. If you are into country music i highly suggest you go buy it if you havent.

I will leave you all with a request for this week... (well really the next 5)

Please keep my mom in your prayers, she starts her radiation this week ( on all days but her 19th wedding anniversary) and has treatments everyday for the next 5 weeks. After that she will start her medication for the next 5 years.

a little history of the past month... my mom had surgery to remove a mass which they tested and it came back as "ductal carcinoma" which is the most common type of breast cancer. However, they caught it really early and it was a low grade, the surgery removed all of it so the treatments she is going to go through are all as preventative and when all is said and done it will reduce her risk of reoccurance to 2.5 %. So start rubbing your boobies young! My mom did it and so should you!

No comments:

Post a Comment