Monday, May 9, 2011

Humbled

I have had the blessing of being able to stock up on a lot of formula for basically free.... I think I have paid $9 for all that I was able to stockpile. The stockpiling, however, was not for us, it is not formula that we use.  But I found an overwhelming need in my heart to get what I could for free to donate to those who may need it and could not afford it. My plan was to donate to a local charity or food bank, as I received coupons in the mail. Not that its a shocker but having a baby keeps you kind of busy and I had not been able to get anywhere to drop off the formula .... I guess that was more of an act of God because soon after the devastating tornados hit across the south. I immediately tried to contact writers of blogs that I follow who live around the affected areas in an attempt to get the formula to those REALLY REALLY in need... I seemed to be running into dead ends Shocking but I just didnt have the connection that I needed. And then on Saturday we went to homedepot and there it was a LARGE donation collection effort.We found out that they were open until 6 and the mission was on. Of course that was the day that little ladybug decided to take a LOOOOOONG nap. (go figure) but she woke up in time and we raced over to Home Depot to drop off our goods.


I paid about $9 total on top of all my coupons for these.... over $190 worth of formula!

I am so honored that I was able to donate these to the Alabama Tornado relief efforts and find joy in  knowing that a few babies have full bellies tonight because I spent the time to use some coupons :)

An even more humbling experience that has taken place since then is that I have fallen into 6 containers of free formula that Makayla uses (roughly $100 value)... 



"Give and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
Luke 6:38







1 comment:

  1. I have friends in Alabama. None of them have babies, but even so, I really appreciate your donation. What a wonderful way to donate, especially something so needed and yet so expensive. :) Glad you figured out a way to do it!

    ReplyDelete