Sunday, May 3, 2009

verb or noun...?

Today was another awe inspiring day at North Point. Andy spoke on love and not the idea of falling in love but STAYING in love. He started the sermon off by referencing Juno... (I knew that guy was cool!). Basically in the movie Juno asks her father if people really stay together, happy together and in love forever. It seems kinda like a dumb question but stop and think about it for a second and its like Wow! do they?

Andy spoke about a list of "things" that we receive through what our families provide for each of us, and how receiving or not receiving these can affect us in relationships down the road. So many families are divorced, seperated or single families and it makes you think if anyone is able to actually stay together. What does it take for people to focus on their relationships helping them grow in a healthy way.

Andy talked mainly today on how its not just love but loving... using love as a verb instead of a noun. I think back to the past and how when I was young and in relationships with boyfriend and friends in general I thought that I "loved" someone... but in reality I had not the slightest clue what that meant. I did not know then that it was not about saying love but actually acting it, feeling it, not just to myself but with the other people. I was living love as a noun...

This afternoon I have reflected back on the past few years and how I have met such a wonderful Man. How now love is not a noun but actually a verb. Its something that I do everyday, sometimes without even realizing. Quite often in the middle of the day during a quick down moment I will text Joe to tell him that I love him but more often then not I text "loving you" and although I never realized I was using this as a verb. I live to love Joe, he is my everything, the one person that I can go to with anything and be completely honest with. I am so thankful to have someone who I was and am able to build a relationship with through Christ. We are two very blessed people and get to experience the blessing together everyday.

To all the people who told me that the first year of marriage was the hardest.... were you being serious because i think you were lying! This past year has been incredible and if this was the "hard" part bring on the rest I am only assuming its going to be like a party that does not end! Maybe I need to start working on a playlist! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment