Sunday, March 22, 2015

Big 4 Frozen Party!

 
Makayla just turned 4!  I cannot believe how fast time goes!  Slow down little lady!

Of course she wanted a Frozen party... and since she is a planner like her mama we started planning in the late fall.   The perfect thing was that I was able to score some amazingly priced finds post holiday clearance at Target!  Most décor came from the holiday clearance at 90% off.  Win for her and mega win for my wallet :).  
 
 
 
We had "Melted Snowmen" 

 
"Coronation Punch"

 
Here is a view of our drink station. 

 
"Olaf Noses" - carrots with ranch dressing.

 
" Frozen Hearts" - white chocolate dipped strawberries. 
I lucked out on these since strawberries seem so expensive these days, but to our advantage Sprouts was running an amazing deal on these that week!

 
Good Ole fashioned chex mix as "Sven's Reindeer Food"

 
My mom found these AWESOME cardboard cut outs!  Olaf is actually a single one and the girls are together on another. 

 
For a crafty activity I found some crowns already with elastic attached in the teaching section at Joanns.  I purchased a bunch of snowflake stickers for these and had stickers and crowns pre bagged for each girl.   I knew we had a few boys coming to we made the Sven Antlers out of the craft foam and I tied the foldover elastic to the back.  There are many patterns for these on pinterest but I just free handed one and traced it for the others.

 
I had a TON of the craft foam snowflakes.  I bought two packs of 30 at Target post holiday clearance and basically put them everywhere :)  The pom poms were actually from last years birthday party.
I also used the glittery garland (another post holiday find) around the house as well.

 
I am not sure where this picture came from... my mom passed it on to us for the party. 

Pin the nose on olaf game.  I was going to make one but found one pre made at party city with noses and all for $5 and figured it would save me time and cost about the same so we just purchased this one.  (we moved the chair for the game ;) )

 
I also had fun snowflake window clings (holiday clearance) and put them on all the mirrors in the house even in the bathroom... because the bathroom deserves to be festive too!
 
The balloons were found by my brother.  They were again "holiday clearance"  and actually lit up!  Very cool that night!

 
The goodie bags!  I found these gift bags in the clearance section and could not pass them up at 90% off.  We put a frozen glow wand, candy, fun pack, frozen ring, frozen stickers, chocolate (because Anna and Elsa love chocolate), and I am sure some other things.  These bags were full! 
 


 
our frozen wreath.  My mom eventually added a snowflake ribbon bow on it but this was taken prior. 

The absolutely best birthday candle ever!  It was a sparkler!!! 

 You can see in this pic I used some pictures around of Makayla with Anna and Elsa from Disney last fall.  The blue Rice Krispie treats were "Kristoffs Ice Blocks" we also used the Elsa Build a bear and the Anna dolls on the table for décor. The cupcakes were the blue velvet betty crocker special :)   There was nothing natural about the color of these but they were delish especially with the homemade butter cream frosting that Heather did for us!

 
I wish I had a good picture of the cupcakes from above but it must be on my phone.  I had the cupcakes arranged in the shape of a dress with a tiara and a wand. 



Makayla is already trying to plan next years party.  I tried to explain to her that we have PLENTY of time!   She changes her mind daily on what she wants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment