Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

~So this weekend has been long... I was out of work on Thursday and Friday with some sort of stomach bug... without going into details I will just say that it was not pretty! I started feeling better on Saturday and it has continued through today. Basically I am still just pretty tired and not up to full my normal energy yet. At this point I am thinking that the baby may have something to do with that!

~I have been struggling with HORRIBLE reflux/indigestion. Did anyone else experience this with pregnancy? I can eat tums and I feel better for about 30 minutes until the tums basically come back up. :( Anyone have any other suggestions? I have more problems after I eat... even small meals but also when I am just drinking water. The next 6 months might seem longer than necessary if I cannot find a solution to this.

~The heat this weekend is unbearable! I have spent my free time staying inside with the fans and air conditioner avoiding the heat!

~I need to change my grocery night to someday other than Sunday because despite how many people do their shopping on Sundays, Kroger only ever has 2 lanes open.

~  I picked up some chamomile tea at the store.... Maybe this will be the start of some better sleeping nights!

~ I need boxes, lots and lots of boxes to start getting this place packed up! So excited to move... next stop includes a nursery!

~ I purchased some lotion with cocoa butter in it and I now smell like the beach... all the time.

~ I am currently watching Hitch... one of the best movies ever!

~ I am tired and this place is a mess so maybe I should try to clean a little ;)

3 comments:

  1. I had terrible reflux. Before my pregnancy - I had never had heartburn or anything. I thought that I was having cardiac problems, it was so bad! I was put on Prevacid - AMAZING. Take it once a day - and the reflux was gone. I assure you that once you get to 17/20 weeks you are going to feel SO much better. Hang in there! It'll all be worth it in the end. (which I KNOW you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...heartburn can last longer than the first semester and possibly until labor. Not to scare you, but I believe you're above average and so I'm hoping you'll be at least average and be over this by the end of the first trimester (which is in a few weeks!!!). You can do pepto-bismal, but just in small amounts, is what my doctor said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go onto Craigslist and click on the "free" items section. People put bubble wrap, packing paper and moving boxes all the time on there, especially on Mondays. Thankfully a lady from work gave us all her moving boxes, but we spent about $50 on bubble wrap. Had I known about all the free moving supplies on Craigslist, we would be $50 richer!

    ReplyDelete